Enjoy life to the fullest
Attractive, healthy teeth play an important role in our general health and well-being. You look and feel confident when smiling and laughing with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. Strong teeth enable you to eat favorite foods; so important when maintaining a healthy diet.
There are many reasons why people lose more than one tooth, such as illness, an accident or simply inheriting poor teeth. This can have a serious impact on your quality of life. And it determines how you approach your continued dental health in the future.
Your Dentist has the solution that is right for you
A ceramic bridge is used to replace any tooth that is missing or beyond repair. It is individually made to match the shade and contour of your natural teeth, so practically no one can tell the difference. There are two methods to replace missing teeth, depending upon your individual circumstances.
1. Bridge on natural teeth consists of high-strength dental ceramic. Built with natural-looking replacement teeth, it is anchored to the adjacent teeth. To secure the bridge, the adjacent teeth must be reduced in size. Certain conditions are required when this method is used. This method does not solve the problem of further bone loss.
2. Bridge on implants uses modern technology. A durable bridge with natural-looking replacement teeth is securely positioned on dental implants. Healthy, adjacent teeth are left untouched. Dental implants are strong, biocompatible fixtures made of titanium, that act just like natural tooth roots.
Dental implants offer you many advantages.
- Dental implants are accepted by dental professionals for over 40 years, as a successful and trusted method of tooth replacement used today.
- Act like your natural tooth root. You do not feel the difference.
- Are made of biocompatible materials. As a result, they are accepted by your body.
- Your implant can actually last a lifetime with proper care and good oral hygiene.
- Are minimally invasive. Your adjacent healthy teeth are untouched. Because unlike conventional bridges, there is no need to grind down adjacent natural teeth.
- Maintain natural bone, and minimize further bone loss due to bone stimulation – one of their most important advantages.
- Provide stability and comfort, with no adjustment necessary after placement.
Implants act like your natural tooth roots and support your individually made ceramic crown or bridge.
Why you should not ignore missing teeth.
Your teeth do not stand alone.
They are part of a complex, integrated system. That is why each individual tooth plays such an important role. Every single tooth ensures, for example, that the teeth in front and behind stay aligned.
When we chew, a healthy tooth strengthens the quality of the jawbone and helps prevent bone loss. Missing teeth, on the other hand, can cause the jawbone to shrink. This is because the bone is no longer stimulated during chewing. Physical changes to the face are a frequent result. You begin to look older than you really are.
Fortunately, modern dental technology can bring your life back to normal again. By replacing missing teeth, gradual bone resorption can be stopped. As a result, further potential tooth loss can be prevented. In fact, with the right care and expertise, you can have teeth that are strong and that look and feel natural.